Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Consistantly Inconsistant.


Okay, so I have been trying to be a good blogger for a couple of years now. I like blogging. It feels good to know that I get to write a bunch of stuff the no one reads even though it is out there in the public. I find it hard to be consistant about it though. Actually that is not surprising being that consistancey has never been one of my strong suits.

I hate the rut of consistancy. It feels monotonous and boring. I can remember, back in 1976, when I first moved to Oregon with my family we lived with my Great Uncle for several months. Every night he would watch a little TV after dinner and then at precisely 10:00 he would announce that it was time to go to bed. Then he would proceed to close up the house and march us all off to bed. Even my Mom. It was really strange to me. He never strayed from it. Not on weekends. Not on holidays. Not ever.

It was a bit of a rut.

So since that time I have avoided ruts in my life. Until it dawned on me recently that I have indeed fallen into a rather large rut -- the rut of being consistantly inconsistant.

Now what am I going to do?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment